Who are the EU Bioeconomy Youth Ambassadors?
In May 2022, the European Commission launched a call for applications for Bioeconomy Youth Ambassadors.
The call worked tremendously well, and 325 stunning applications were received.
We have the pleasure of announcing the 15 selected EU Bioeconomy Youth Ambassadors:
- Robin Bartmann | Interview
- Stefano Bertacchi | Interview
- Matteo Bifone | Interview
- Hailey Ciantar | Interview
- Daragh Cogley | Interview
- Ugne Dirdaite | Interview
- Rita Escórcio | Interview
- Katrin Jõgi | Interview
- József Lázár | Interview
- Olivia Mrozinski | Interview
- Pieter Nachtergaele | Interview
- Philipp Schabert | Interview
- Carmen Scioti | Interview
- Camilla Werl | Interview
- Daryna Zaitseva | Interview.
They are between 18 and 32 years old, represent 11 nationalities and live in 12 different Member States from all areas of the EU. They have expertise in various fields related to bioeconomy food systems, forestry, blue bioeconomy, bio-based industry and in science communication.
Congratulations to all of them!
Here you can watch "The voice of youth on bioeconomy" wrap-up video
What will the Bioeconomy Youth Ambassadors do?
For the next two years, they will carry the voice of youth in bioeconomy and:
- lead by example, inform and inspire others about sustainable and circular bioeconomy;
- reach out to communities: students and civil society, and engage decision-makers;
- raise awareness about the role of the bioeconomy in everyone’s life especially in youth communities;
- support the ongoing youth and education related processes of the European Union.
What concrete activities will they undertake?
The group took part in a participatory Summer Camp in Brussels on 25-27 July 2022.
The event aimed at empowering the Bioeconomy Youth Ambassadors as individuals and as a group, and included sessions on communication, on bioeconomy, and European history.
The Youth Ambassadors have started designing their action plan as Ambassadors for the next two years.
As a first action, they are now preparing introductions for the different sessions of the High-level Bioeconomy Conference, in which they will take part on 06-07 October 2022 in Brussels.
- Publication date
- 4 August 2022
- Directorate-General for Research and Innovation