Distinguished panellists outlined the mutual advantages derived from the Association status, for both Europe and its R&I partners. In times of global challenges and shifting alliance patterns, Association to European framework programmes helps to build stronger partnerships by pooling resources to increase R&I’s efficiency and effectiveness.
Crucially however, as Mr. Daniel Dufour, Director General of ‘Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’, outlined, it also reinforces shared excellence and values, such as green and sustainable objectives, digitally empowered research and involvement of societies.
Association also contributes to addressing regional or local issues. Dr. Sanja Damjanović, Minister of Science of Montenegro explained that Association is a strong instrument for developing national strategies, such as the Smart Specialization Strategies in Montenegro. It also contributed to reducing the brain drain from the Western Balkans. Horizon Europe will build upon this successful Association Policy to further accelerate the pace and intensity of global R&I cooperation.
- Dr. Sanja Damjanović, Minister of Science of Montenegro
- Mr. Fatih Kacır, Deputy Minister of Industry and Technology Ministry of Turkey
- Dr. Mikheil Chkhenkeli, Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia
- Mr. Daniel Dufour, Director General for Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Moderator: Dr. Eric Meslin, President and CEO, Council of Canadian Academies
- Publication date
- 23 September 2020
- Directorate-General for Research and Innovation