Do you think youth should be empowered to drive the change towards a sustainable bioeconomy? Are you organising an event linking youth with bioeconomy innovation around the time of our Bioeconomy Changemakers Festival, or would you like to organise such an event? Then this call is for you, and we invite you to express your interest to become a satellite event of the “Bioeconomy Changemakers Festival” in March 2024!
The ‘Bioeconomy Changemakers Festival’ is an event organised by the European Commission, in collaboration with the EU Bioeconomy Youth Ambassadors. It aims to engage youth as drivers of the transformative change required in view of the multiple challenges the EU is facing today, and to unlock the full potential of the bioeconomy.
The festival will improve the connection between youth and bioeconomy innovation ecosystems while empowering youth to act as catalysts towards the circular and sustainable use of biological resources.
Which are the objectives of the Bioeconomy Changemakers Festival?
- Raising awareness about the bioeconomy and what it can achieve;
- Showcasing opportunities available to accelerate bioeconomy innovation and upscaling and presenting success stories;
- Engaging more people in the bioeconomy and encouraging networking;
- Providing input to the next steps of the EU Bioeconomy policy.
The festival will take place between 11 and 17/03/2024 in various locations across the EU. A high-level main event organised by the European Commission will take place in Brussels on 14 and 15 March 2024.
A limited number of satellite events will be organised by interested companies and institutions in different locations all over the EU to enable youth to take part in the festival.
What is in it for you?
- Satellite events get the branding of the Bioeconomy Changemakers Festival and can use the following title: “Bioeconomy Changemakers Festival – Your city (e.g. Brussels) edition”.
- Satellite events will be included in the communication strategy for whole festival.
- Satellite events will have the possibility to interact online with the main event.
- Your event will get recognition on their contribution to the Bioeconomy Changemakers Festival.
How do you express your interest?
Please complete the survey for expression of interest and attach your event note by 10 September 2023, 15:00 CET.
The deadline has been extended to 17 September 2023, 15:00 CET.
The concept of the festival, eligibility criteria, and further information are available in the Guidelines for expression of interest.
Do you have any questions?
Please send an email to RTD-BIOECONOMY@ec.europa.eu
- Publication date
- 17 July 2023
- Directorate-General for Research and Innovation