ESIR in 2020-2021
ESIR is a high-level group of experts established in 2017. The new composition and mandate started in 2020 and ended in 2021.
During that period ESIR has provided evidence-based policy advice to the Commission on how to develop a forward-looking and transformative research and innovation policy. This helped driving Europe's transition to full sustainability.
The group addressed society's needs and most pressing challenges through
- policy briefs to provide European and national policy-makers with strategic advice on research and innovation and sustainability
- outreach activities to fully engage with relevant stakeholders
- policy experimentation to find new and more impactful innovative public policies
- proposals for solution-oriented policy initiatives that address current grand challenges
- ESIR expert group 2020-2021 for transformative R&I policy - YouTube
- ESIR 2020-2021: Main achievements
ESIR members and community
ESIR 2020-2021 was composed of 14 internationally recognised experts who covered sustainability issues from a variety of angles and involved their respective networks.
The group heavily emphasised stakeholder engagement and co-designing outputs and activities. This means the group could reach out to relevant actors beyond the traditional research and innovation community.
The group was chaired by Sandrine Dixson-Declève, Co-President of the Club of Rome.
- Pētniecības un inovācijas ģenerāldirektorāts
Industry 5.0, a transformative vision for Europe
Governing systemic transformations towards a sustainable industry, an ESIR policy brief
Transformation post-COVID - Global value chains : harnessing innovation to protect and transform the backbone of global trade
Transformation post-COVID - The future of European universities
Transformation post-COVID - Transformative nations, regions and cities as vectors for change
Transformation post-COVID - Mobilising innovation for people, planet and prosperity
Protect, prepare and transform Europe - Recovery and resilience post COVID-19