The Committee consists of six highly respected personalities in European research:
- Carl-Henrik HELDIN (chair) - Uppsala University, Chairman of the Board of the Nobel Foundation, Sweden
- Barbara FLUECKIGER - Zürich University, Switzerland
- Kirsten GRAM-HANSEN - Aalborg University, Denmark
- Michal KAROŃSKI - Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
- Carlos MARTINEZ ALONSO - Spanish National Research Council
- Mira MEZINI - Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany/Albania
Commissioner Gabriel said:
"The ERC is entering a new phase, under the next research and innovation programme Horizon Europe. In identifying eminent candidates for the ERC Scientific Council, the Identification Committee will make important contributions to upholding the European Research Council's worldwide reputation of the highest level of excellence in Horizon Europe."
The mandate of the Identification Committee is twofold: to identify members for the renewal of the ERC Scientific Council membership and to maintain a pool of candidates for future membership in the Scientific Council.
The Scientific Council, the governing body of the ERC, defines the ERC's scientific funding strategy and methodologies. It is composed of 22 members, all eminent scientists and scholars, who represent the scientific community in Europe. New Scientific Council members are appointed by the European Commission following an independent and transparent procedure for their identification agreed with the Scientific Council, including a consultation of the scientific community.
- 19 maj 2020
- Generaldirektoratet för forskning och innovation