Today, the European Commission launched its brand-new Policy Platform on the European Research Area (ERA), a dedicated one-stop-shop, providing a comprehensive overview of current ERA policies, activities and achievements.
Since 2000, the ERA is the joint ambition of the EU Member States and the European Commission (in close cooperation with countries associated to the R&I Framework Programmes and R&I stakeholders) to establish a single, borderless market for research, innovation and technology across Europe. This goal was enshrined in Article 179 of the Lisbon Treaty.
- provide up-to-date information about the state of implementation of the ERA Policy Agenda and its joint actions;
- give insights into EU-wide activities contributing to make progress on the ERA;
- feature all the elements of the ERA monitoring mechanism, including interactive graphs showing the progress on ERA priorities as reported in the ERA Scoreboard and the ERA Dashboard;
- offer a repository of key ERA-related documents and reports available to the public;
- serve as a central space for communicating between all actors interested in advancing the ERA objectives.
EU Member States, countries associated to Horizon Europe, and R&I Stakeholder organisations will be able to contribute to the content of the website, thus also efficiently supporting the ERA monitoring system by sharing information, data or documents relevant for assessing the state-of-play on the various ERA actions, both at national and EU-level.
The ERA Policy Platform is designed in an appealing, user-friendly way, making it easily accessible not only to national authorities or R&I stakeholders (organisations or individual researchers), but also to interested citizens.
The platform will not be a static tool. The Commission will further improve its features, its visual appearance, and its content to ensure a much stronger visibility of the achievements in establishing the ERA.
- Publication date
- 22 January 2024
- Directorate-General for Research and Innovation