On 11 October 2021, from 11:30 – 13:00, the European Commission and European Committee of the Regions are co-organising a session under the KEP 2.0 umbrella on Youth involvement in R&I policies and the role of regions and cities.
R&I play a key role in meeting societal challenges in Europe. Its achievements have a direct impact on people's lives, and engaging citizens, especially youth, is essential to shaping the future of R&I. It is thus necessary to mobilise young generations and give them the opportunity to become involved. Local and regional authorities play a key role in this process. This session will showcase relevant projects and present the experiences of young innovators and entrepreneurs.
Anna Panagopoulou, Director, DG Research and Innovation, will introduce the session and give a keynote on youth involvement in European R&I policies.
This will be followed by a roundtable discussion on the role of regions and cities in engaging and mobilising young people in research and innovation highlighting concrete projects and experiences.
- Tine Radinja (SI/Greens), Member of the European Committee of the Regions, Rapporteur for the upcoming CoR opinion on "The Future of Youth Policy in the EU"
- Romy Karier (LU/EPP), Member of the European Committee of the Regions
- Rosa Arias, CEO and founder of "Science for Change”
- Christine Chang, Project Director, Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council
- Publication date
- 31 August 2022
- Directorate-General for Research and Innovation