The European innovation partnership for agricultural productivity and sustainability (EIP-AGRI) works to foster competitive and sustainable farming and forestry that 'achieves more from less'.
EIP-AGRI focus groups are temporary groups of selected experts focusing on a specific subject, sharing knowledge and experience.
The following focus groups are relevant in the area of ecological approaches, organic and mixed farming:
- mixed farming systems: livestock/cash crops;
- ecological focus areas;
- organic farming: optimising arable yields;
- protein crops;
- permanent grassland;
- sustainable High Nature Value (HNV) farming;
- non-chemical weed management in arable cropping systems.
Workshops and seminars
The EIP-AGRI Network organises workshops and seminars to share ideas and explore synergies between research and practice.
The following events are relevant in the area of ecological approaches, organic and mixed farming:
- organic is operational;
- tools for environmental farm performance;
- protein crops;
- cropping for the future: networking for crop rotation and crop diversification;
- agri-Innovation summit 2019 on agroecology.
Operational group projects
EIP Operational Groups are local innovative projects funded by the common agricultural policy that bring farmers, researchers, advisers and other stakeholders to advance innovation in the agricultural and forestry sectors.
The following operational group projects are relevant in the area of ecological approaches, organic and mixed farming.
- development of a commercial line for biodiversity and local fruit and vegetable products;
- cover crop management for improved soil biology;
- nitrogen supply and control of Rhizoctonia solani in organic potato production;
- organic egg;
- innovative arable crop system with leguminous crop;
- organic dock control Development and implementation with fiery clearwing moths;
- agroforestry with horticultural crops - A multifunctional farm for peri-urban areas.
Research and innovation projects
Other research and innovation projects under Horizon 2020 in the area of ecological approaches, organic and mixed farming can be found in the AgriResearch factsheet.