Investment in research & innovation is needed to ensure long-term resilience & sustainability of EU food systems.
This report presents the main results of a comparative study of food systems research and innovation (R&I) investment levels in the EU, considering public and private R&I spent at both national and EU level.
Three main strands of research were used:
- a review of projects funded through the EU R&I Framework Programmes (FP7 and Horizon 2020)
- a mapping of national public funding available for food-systems R&I in the EU Member States
- an estimation of private sector investment in food systems R&I by firms headquartered in the EU
Data were categorised according to the priorities, pathways and sectors identified by the European Commission’s Food 2030 R&I policy framework to understand overall levels of expenditure on different priorities in food-related sectors and to identify any potential funding gaps.
- Datum der Veröffentlichung
- 15 Juni 2022
- Generaldirektion Forschung und Innovation