What patterns do we observe in business dynamism, productivity divergence and wage inequality and how will these change after the COVID-19 pandemic?
Building on the Horizon 2020 “MapProdIGI” project (Microdata analysis for Policies for Productivity, Innovation, Growth and Inclusion), the event discussed the impact of technological development on productivity, business dynamism, inequalities, and sketched possible changes induced by the pandemic.
The final conference of MapProdIGI discussed policies to maintain incentives for digital and green technology adoption and the role of innovation policies to support the diffusion of these technologies and foster inclusiveness.
This event was co-organized by the European Commission Directorate-General for Research and Innovation and the OECD Science, Technology and Innovation Directorate. It showcased the outcomes of the project, providing new insights for EU policy debates.
This event brought together academics, international experts, and policy makers to discuss new evidence from recent academic studies and national evaluations on business dynamism, and productivity growth and dispersion.
- Setting the Scene: the Role of COVID-19 on Productivity and Business Dynamics - Flavio Calvino
- Business Dynamism, Productivity Growth and Inclusiveness in the Aftermath of COVID-19 - John Fernald
- How to Get Back to Growth - John Van Reenen
- Market Power and Innovation in the Intangible Economy - Maarten de Ridder
- The Empirics of ‘Blitzscaling’: Technology and High-Growth Firms in the UK - Mirko Draca
- Setting the Scene: Productivity and Business Dynamics Trends- Sara Calligaris
- innovation | research policy
- Online only
- Live streaming available
- Online only