The European innovation partnership for agricultural productivity and sustainability (EIP-AGRI) works to foster competitive and sustainable farming and forestry that 'achieves more from less'.
EIP-AGRI focus groups are temporary groups of selected experts focusing on a specific subject, sharing knowledge and experience.
The following focus groups are relevant in the area of public goods:
- sustainable High Nature Value (HNV) farming;
- ecological focus areas;
- permanent grassland;
- carbon storage in arable farming;
- grazing for carbon;
- sustainable mobilisation of forest biomass;
- forest practices and climate change;
- new entrants into farming.
Workshops and seminars
The EIP-AGRI Network organises workshops and seminars to share ideas and explore synergies between research and practice.
The following events are relevant in the area of public goods:
- tools for environmental farm performance;
- new value chains from multifunctional forests;
- creating diverse forests with multiple benefits.
Operational group projects
EIP Operational Groups are local innovative projects funded by the common agricultural policy that bring farmers, researchers, advisers and other stakeholders to advance innovation in the agricultural and forestry sectors.
- biosphere Elbe Network;
- connecting isolated terrestrial habitats ;
- enhance the autonomy of the farmers for assessing the biodiversity on their farm;
- development of a livestock model for agro-pastoral biodiversity;
- farm CO2Sink: C sequestration and GHG emissions reduction at farm level.
Research and innovation projects
Other research and innovation projects under Horizon 2020 in the area of public goods can be found in the AgriResearch factsheet.