List of appointed members
- Chair Karel LUYBEN representative of CESAER
- Vice Chair Cathrin STÖVER representative of GEANT
Organisations and their representatives
- CESAER represented by Karel LUYBEN
- CESSDA ERIC represented by Ronald DEKKER
- EMBL represented by Rupert LÜCK
- European Spallation Source ERIC represented by John WOMERSLEY
- GÉANT represented by Cathrin STÖVER
- OPENAIRE represented by Natalia MANOLA
- Research Data Alliance (RDA) represented by Juan BICARREGUI
- Science Europe represented by Stephan KUSTER
- Sarah JONES
- Jean-Francois ABRAMATIC
- Jan HRUSAK
The three members of the committee are Edit Herczog, Dr. Robert John Jones and Dr. Eva Méndez Rodriguez.
She is a member of the Research Data Alliance (RDA) Council presently managing Director of Vision & Values SPRL, Belgium. Between 2004-2014, she was a member of the European Parliament. Her committee work included the Internal Market and Consumer Protection, the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy and for the Committee on Budgetary Control. She was also member of the Small and Medium Enterprises Working Group and the Lisbon Strategy Working Group. She is a Presidency member of organizations such as the European Energy Forum, European Internet Foundation, the Forum for the Future of Nuclear Energy, Cangaroo Group, and the European Parliament-Business Forum.
Dr. Robert John Jones
He is a leader of the Helix Nebula initiative, a public private partnership between major IT providers and some of Europe's biggest research centres, such as CERN, EMBL, ESA, to explore the use of commercial cloud services for science applications. He is the coordinator for the HNSciCloud Horizon 2020 Pre-Commercial Procurement project and he participates in the EIROforum IT Working Group. Until recently the head of the CERN openlab project which is a unique public-private partnership between CERN and leading ICT companies.
Dr. Eva Méndez Rodriguez
She is YERUN (Young European Research Universities Network) representative in the Open Science Policy Platform (OSPP) advising the Commission on the development and implementation of open science policy in Europe. Also she is Vice President for Research Policy and Open Science at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Dr. Méndez holds a PhD in Library and Information Sciences and she is an expert in metadata. She has been an active member of several international research teams on various standards for the Web e.g. US Academy Louis Round Wilson-Knowledge Trust, the Advisory Committee of the DCMI, the Advisory Board of OpenAire, as well as an active member in other initiatives such as Metadata2020 and RDA.
The selection criteria used when assessing applications:
- Proven competence and experience, including at European and/or international level managing complex research and innovation projects, in areas relevant to the mandate of the group; good knowledge of institutional framework of R&I funding and technical knowledge of the science cloud and data infrastructures (all applicants)
- Affiliation to one of the stakeholder groups as referred to in chapter 2.1 b) and art. 4.1 b) of the Decision (organisations only)
- An undisputed reputation as the R&I community leaders as well as good connection to the scientific community and to national and international R&I initiatives (organisations only)
- Degree of involvement in / experience with the Open Science Cloud policy (all applicants)
- European representativeness and geographical coverage in the EU and Associated Countries (organisations only)
- Absence of circumstances that could give rise to a conflict of interest (individuals applying to be appointed in a personal capacity only)
- Competence, experience and hierarchical level of the proposed representatives (organisations only)
- Good knowledge of the English language allowing active participation in the discussions (individual applicants and organisations' representatives)
- Data publicării
- 23 noiembrie 2018
- Direcția Generală Cercetare și Inovare