The Innovative Health Initiative (IHI) Joint Undertaking has launched its first calls for proposals, with topics on cancer, cardiovascular diseases and neurodegenerative diseases, as well as on cross-cutting issues such as the use of health data and early stage studies of medical devices. IHI is a public-private partnership between the EU and several health industry associations. IHI projects are funded jointly by the EU (from Horizon Europe budget) and by the private partners who bring mostly in-kind contributions.
In total, IHI will contribute up to EUR 135 million to projects funded under IHI call 1 (single-stage topics).
For IHI call 2 (two-stage topics), the IHI contribution is around EUR 22 million, matched by the contributions committed by industry and contributing partners.
In total, there are 6 topics in the calls currently open:
- Better support for patients with neurodegenerative diseases plus other diseases
- Next generation imaging and image therapy for cancer
- Towards more personalised, multi-modal cancer treatments
- Unlocking the potential of health data to improve care and advance research
- Improved prediction, prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of cardiovascular diseases
- A methodology to advance the early stage development of health technologies in the EU
The first four topics (on cancer, neurodegenerative diseases and health data) are launched under IHI call 1. The topics on cardiovascular disease and early feasibility studies fall under IHI call 2. The deadline for proposals for both calls is 20 September 2022.
Applicants can use the website of the IHI brokerage event until 15 July to schedule brokerage meetings and until 20 September to register as an active participant to find partners. Potential partners can also be found via the lists of participants from IHI webinars.
- Publication date
- 29 June 2022
- Directorate-General for Research and Innovation