This €1 billion call, the last one under Horizon 2020, will fund projects that will contribute to the EU’s response to the climate crisis and help protect Europe’s unique ecosystems and biodiversity.
During the kick-off event on 27 October Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth and her guests will present the political priorities of this call and explain how it will accelerate the achievement of the European Green Deal objectives. After this high-level political discussion, five selected projects in the areas of food in schools, energy, mobility and environment will highlight their objectives and expected outcomes, and explain how these will affect the everyday life of Europeans. The five projects cover areas such as wildfires, freshwater, green hydrogen, green airports and food for schools.
A Q&A with media will follow.
Date and time
Wednesday 27 October 13:00-14:30 CEST
Media professionals who wish to cover the activities of the event must register to have full access to high-level speakers and attendees.
Please register before 25 October 2021, 17h00 CET.
Details on participation and press material will follow on 26 October 2021.
The European Green Deal is the European Commission's blueprint and roadmap to make Europe the first climate neutral continent by 2050, with a sustainable economy that leaves no one behind.
To reach this 2050 goal, action will be required by all sectors of our economy, including:
- investing in environmentally-friendly technologies;
- supporting industry to innovate;
- rolling out cleaner, cheaper and healthier forms of private and public transport;
- decarbonising the energy sector;
- ensuring buildings are more energy efficient;
- working with international partners to improve global environmental standards.
- Data di pubblicazione
- 19 ottobre 2021
- Direzione generale della Ricerca e dell’innovazione