On 16 September, the Horizon Europe Mission on climate-neutral and smart cities held an online citizen engagement session in Le Havre France. The aim of the event was to get input and recommendations from the citizens in Le Havre to the work of the climate-neutral and smart cities Mission board.
The 39 participants were selected randomly representing the different people living in Havre concerning gender, age and socio-economic background. They discussed the following questions:
- What are your main concerns when it comes to climate change?
- Let us dream our city! What is Le Havre of our dreams?
- What are the three themes that you consider priorities for your city, proposed by the European Commission?
- What are the three themes that you consider priorities for your city, based on the ideas you proposed during the session?
- What are you ready to renounce on, what are the aspects of the city you do not want to give up, what are you willing to do to achieve the goals?
- What do you need from your City to help you achieving the goals?
- What are your ideas for your city?
The input from the participants covered a several topics including recommendations on education, how to archive behavioural change, efficient mobility for all and housing.
For more information about the work of the Horizon Europe Mission on climate-neutral and smart cities, please visit the website.
- 17 september 2020
- Generaldirektoratet för forskning och innovation
- Le Havre