On 11 September, the Horizon Europe Mission on climate-neutral and smart cities held an online citizen engagement session in Gdańsk, Poland. The aim of the event was to get input and recommendations from the citizens in Gdańsk to the work of the climate-neutral and smart cities Mission board.
The 51 participants were selected randomly representing the different people living in Gdańsk concerning gender, age and socio-economic background. They discussed the following questions:
- How do you rate in terms of importance the action areas related to achieving climate neutrality, proposed by the European Commission?
- Are there any other areas that should be added?
- Would you like Gdańsk to become a climate neutral city?
- Would you like Gdańsk to become climate neutral by 2030?
- What in your opinion are three priority action areas for Gdańsk?
- What kind of help or support do you need from European Commission?
The input from the participants covered a several topics including recommendations on energy efficiency, renewable energy sources, clean, accessible and safe transport for all and circular economy.
For more information about the work of the Horizon Europe Mission on climate-neutral and smart cities, please visit the website.
- Dáta foilsithe
- 12 Meán Fómhair 2020
- Ard-Stiúrthóireacht na Taighde agus Nuálaíochta