On 27 September 2019, the 2nd EU-Faroes Joint Research and Innovation Committee meeting - under the agreement associating the Faroe Islands to Horizon 2020 - was held in Brussels. The meeting was co-chaired by Anne Haglund-Morrissey, Acting Head of Unit, RTD 05 Horizon Europe Association, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation (European Commission), and by Poul Geert Hansen, Permanent Secretary, Faroese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Culture.
The following points were addressed:
- an update was provided on Horizon Europe - the next EU research and innovation (R&I) framework programme - including its proposed extended association policy;
- new promising developments in the Faroese research and innovation landscape were presented; and
- the Faroese level of participation in Horizon 2020 was discussed. It shows that despite the limited size of the population, Faroese entities are very active in Horizon 2020 (with a higher number of project participations compared to FP7) and have the highest proposal success rate among all EU Member States and Associated Countries. Still, there is scope for increased involvement of Faroese R&I entities in the actions of the programme.
- Datum der Veröffentlichung
- 3 Oktober 2019
- Generaldirektion Forschung und Innovation