Policy and strategy
The aims of this cluster include improving and protecting the health and well-being of citizens of all ages by generating new knowledge, developing innovative solutions and integrating where relevant a gender perspective to prevent, diagnose, monitor, treat and cure diseases.
Further aims include developing health technologies, mitigating health risks, protecting populations and promoting good health and well-being in general and at work.
Finally, this cluster also aims to make public health systems more cost-effective, equitable and sustainable, prevent and tackle poverty-related diseases and support and enable patients' participation and self-management.
The expected impacts of this cluster are contained in the Horizon Europe strategic plan.
Areas of intervention
- health throughout the life course
- environmental and social health determinants
- non-communicable and rare diseases
- infectious diseases including poverty-related and neglected diseases
- tools, technologies and digital solutions for health and care including personalised medicine
- health care systems
Apply for funding
All funding information and details on how to apply are on the Funding and Tenders portal.
Funding opportunities under Horizon Europe are set out in multiannual work programmes, which cover the large majority of support available.
2023 - 24
- News article
The European Commission announces that the Info Day for Horizon Europe Cluster 1 (Health) will be held as a virtual event on 19 January 2023
- Conferenze e vertici
- martedì 7 novembre 2023, 00:01 - venerdì 10 novembre 2023, 23:55 (CET)
- Paris, France
- Evento esterno
- Giornate d'informazione
- giovedì 1 giugno 2023, 09:00 - 16:00 (CEST)
- Diretta streaming disponibile