With financial support from the European Commission, the first co-funded call of the Partnership pools national and regional financial resources through the participation of 36 research funding organisations from 23 countries (out of the 25 part of the network) responsible for funding research and innovation actions in the blue economy.
This call is also contributing to the objectives of the Mission “Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030”.
- economy | public-private partnership | sustainable development
- Online only
- Online only
- Event website
The call aims to support transnational research and innovation projects addressing one of the five priority areas below:
- Planning and managing sea-uses at the regional level
- Development of offshore marine multi-use infrastructures to support the blue economy
- Climate-neutral, environmentally sustainable, and resource-efficient blue food and feed
- Green transition of Blue Food production
- Digital Twins of the Ocean test use cases at EU sea-basins and the Atlantic Ocean
- Projects must be developed at a pan-European level and in the different European sea basins: the Mediterranean, the Black Sea, the Baltic Sea, the North Sea and the Atlantic Ocean and establish close cross-sectorial cooperation in the science, innovation, and economic sectors. Projects are expected to consider several European sea basins or, at least, to consider the impact of the projects on several European sea basins.
A two-step process will apply to this call, with a mandatory submission of pre-proposals as first step (deadline: 14 April 2023 at 15:00 CET) and submission of full proposals as second step (13 September 2023 at 15:00 CET).
The complete announcement and call documents, including full eligibility and evaluation criteria, are available from the Partnership website.
The Partnership will also organise a general information webinar for interested researchers on 2 March 2023.