A high-level international symposium organised by Kobe University and the VUB, with the support of the University of Kent, on Ocean research.
- environmental research | marine and aquatic research | ocean | international cooperation
- Brussels, Belgium
- Externa evenemang
- VUB U-Residence Conference CentreBld Général Jacques 271, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Event website
Get information on R&I cooperation between the EU and Japan on Ocean research in the interrelated areas of economics and governance, science and technology and SSH (‘blue economy’; sustainable green shipping; marine robotics; tackling ocean plastic waste; ‘ocean literacy’ and citizen involvement, etc.)
An opportunity to:
- listen to presentations by DG RTD Acting Director General Signe Ratso, Japanese Ambassador Yasushi Masaki, Kobe University President Masato Fujisawa, and VUB Rector Jan Danckaert
- hear two keynote speeches by Pascal Lamy, Chair of the Mission Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030, and by award-winning author and film maker Michael Pitiot (Planète Océans)
- meet and network with 40 speakers, including leading Ocean sciences researchers from Kobe University and from 13 partner European Universities, as well as with experts from industry, think tanks, media and civil society
One of Japan’s leading universities in ocean sciences, Kobe University is a natural partner for European universities and ocean research organisations.
- Patrick Vittet-Philippe
- Kobe University Brussels European Centre