We are pleased to invite you to join Aix-Marseille University's second European Conference, to be held on Wednesday 16 June 2021 at the European Committee of the Regions (J. Delors Building, rue Belliard 99-101, 1040 Brussels, Belgium).
As one of the first contributions to the 2021-2030 United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development, the European Conference will take place the week following the 2021 World Oceans Day, at a time when global ocean governance is at a critical juncture.
• How can the European Union rely on the latest scientific developments and oceanographic data to help achieve ambitious goals in intergovernmental negotiations?
• How can science help prevent irreversible threat to biodiversity due to contaminant dispersal? How can ocean science contribute to better forecast, mitigate and adapt to climate change?
• How can we achieve a sustainable ocean economy while preserving and protecting marine ecosystems?
By bringing together leading scientists, European policy makers, key players in ocean governance and representatives of civil society, the event will nurture discussions at the frontier between science and technology, bridging scientific progress to policy actions and advances in ocean literacy.
- innovation | research policy | marine and aquatic research
- Brussels, Belgium
- Retransmission en direct disponible
- European Committee of the RegionsEuropean Committee of the Regions, J. Delors Building, rue Belliard 99-101, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
- Site web
- Event website