Energy is now part of everyone’s daily life, but it is not tangible. Still, it has an impact on our wallets and our environment. To be able to drive the change and participate in the green transition, citizens should gain an understanding of energy and climate change so that they
a) can and want to make a difference
b) know what they can do and
c) know how their actions have an impact.
Any new action should be integrated into the natural way of doing things, effortlessly and easily in everyday life.
To do this, a tool is needed to measure, demonstrate, explain, remind and communicate the impact of different actions.
- energy research
- Turku, Finland
- External event
- VenueTurku University of Applied Sciences, 20520 Turku, Finland
With the Hackathon, ENERGY SOLUTIONS FOR PEOPLE-TURKU RESPONSE HACKATHON 2023, we are searching for digital solutions, which would get people thinking about energy issues and monitoring the impact of their behavior.
The solution can use gamification, social media, AR, VR, or MR technologies, 3D models, 360 images, etc. Most importantly, the new solution should encourage residents to monitor and pay attention to their energy consumption, help change consumption habits, demonstrate and visualize the impact of different actions, and engage and activate individual and collective action.
The hackathon is divided in different phases:
- February 18th – April 18th: Register and deliver your concept paper, of which max. 15 best teams will be chosen to participate in the hackathon event
- March 2nd: Kick-off webinar to give the background information
- April 23rd: Chosen teams will be invited to participate in Day 1
- April 28-29th: Hackathon Day 1 and 2
- during the Day 1 all invited participants will develop their solution and pitch it to the jury. 10 best teams will be chosen to continue to the Day 2
- during the Day 2 chosen 10 teams will develop their solution further and create a video pitching for jury and public
- May 2th – May 16th: Online public hearing of the solutions for two weeks
- Awards ceremony in May: The winner and runners-up will be awarded in a final event