This roundtable discussion will bring together experts from Europe and beyond to share knowledge and best practices in life-cycle assessment approaches, in particular in rare earths. We will discuss and tackle questions such as:
- How to quantify environmental and climate impacts in rare earth value chains through life-cycle assessment (LCAs)?
- What are the best practices in these methodologies?
- What are the current benchmarks in those LCAs?
- What data is available and what is missing?
- What should a global standard or sustainability framework for rare earth value chains look like?
The event consists of an interactive session with presentations from our panel speakers, as well as discussions between panelists and audience members.
About the organisers
SecREEts and SUSMAGPRO are two flagship research and innovation projects funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme under Grant agreement No 776559 and No 821114. Our goal is to establish a resilient, sustainable and competitive European supply chain for REE – SecREEts based on a sustainable REEs extraction from fertiliser production, and SUSMAGPRO by recovering them from end-of-life permanent magnets.
This event is supported by the Rare Earth Industry Association (REIA): REIA is an international non-profit organisation representing the global rare earth element (REE) industry with active members worldwide.
- innovation | research policy
- Doar online
- Transmisiune în direct disponibilă online
- Eveniment extern
- Doar online