The European Commission’s Directorates-General for Research and Innovation (DG RTD) and for Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CNECT) organised a workshop on how collaborating in Innovation Procurement can help tackle current health care challenges in the EU. The event was held virtually on 28 June 2021.
Designing, implementing and evaluating a procurement for innovative solutions is an important component for the modernisation of EU health systems and the competitiveness of the health care industry. The need for rapid and effective development and deployment of health innovations addressing public needs was also highlighted during the pandemic.
However, EU health service providers face many challenges, such as funding, a fragmented legal framework, lack of common standards or interoperability and varying user/patient preferences across the EU.
During the course of 3 sessions, our guests from the public and the private sector will try to better understand the needs of health care stakeholders, identify barriers they face when designing and deploying innovation procurement processes, and discuss ongoing and past best practices to overcome them at a national and EU level. The European Commission will also present opportunities to support innovation procurement offered by European funding programmes, of interest to potential applicants.
- Irene Norstedt, Director, European Commission, DG RTD D (People)
Increased capacity and resilience of EU health care systems: opportunities for Innovation procurement in Horizon Europe
- Orestis Kalliantzidis, Policy Officer DG CNECT H.3 (eHealth, Well-being & Ageing),
- Jerome de Barros, Policy Officer RTD D.2 (Health Innovations & Ecosystems).
Instruments, ecosystems and tools for excellence in health care Innovation Procurement
- Bertrand Wert, Project Advisor EISMEA E.02 (EIC Transition Activities & BAS),
- Ivo Locatelli, Senior Expert DG GROW C.2 (Public Procurement),
- Samira Boussetta, Policy Officer DG GROW C.2,
- Stefan Corvers, European Assistance for Innovation Procurement (EAFIP) initiative,
- Marlene Grauer, Project Coordinator PROCURE2INNOVATE.
Session 3 (discussion panel)
Bringing down barriers and stimulating innovation with procurement: the experience of stakeholders
Moderator: Lieve Bos, Policy Officer CNECT F.3 (Digital Innovation & Blockchain)
- María Bezunartea Álvarez, Instituto Aragonés de Ciencias de la Salud (IACS),
- Thomas Lethenborg, CEO Monsenso,
- Carlos Chiatti, Founder & Chairman Tech4Care srl.
- Carmen Laplaza Santos, Head of Unit, RTD D.2 (Health Innovations & Ecosystems)
For any queries, please contact RTD-INNOVATION-PROCUREMENT-WORKSHOP@ec.europa.eu
We look forward to welcoming you to our workshop!
- innovation | research policy | medical research
- Streaming en vivo disponible
- Página web