The event took place on 18 and 19 January 2022
EU Missions are a novelty of the Horizon Europe research and innovation programme for 2021-2027 aiming to address some of the greatest challenges facing our society.
With this work programme, the Commission launches the first fully-fledged research and innovation actions that will launch missions into the implementation stage.
The actions include direct support to key overarching EU priorities, such as the European Green Deal, a Europe fit for the Digital Age, the Beating Cancer action plan and an Economy that works for people.
The Commission invites researchers and innovators as well as citizens and all interested stakeholders to take part in the five missions:
- Adaptation to Climate Change: support at least 150 European regions and communities to become climate resilient by 2030
- Cancer: improving the lives of more than 3 million people by 2030 through prevention, cure and for those affected by cancer including their families, to live longer and better
- Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030
- 100 Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities by 2030
- A Soil Deal for Europe: 100 living labs and lighthouses to lead the transition towards healthy soils by 2030
|Day 1 (18 January 2022)
|Day 2 (19 January 2022)
- Horizon Europe strategic plan
- Horizon Europe Work Programme 2021-2022 - Missions
- Implementation plans for the Missions
Any questions? Contact the Research Enquiry Service (RES) for any general question on Horizon Europe